INDIAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION – MUMBAI WEST BRANCH
ANNUAL REPORT : 2016 – 2017
A YEAR OF ACHIEVEMENTS
It is a great pleasure to submit this annual report of our branch for the year 2016- 2017. This year has been a path-finding year in more ways than one. It has been full of activities encompassing many areas which led to all round development of our members opening new avenues. Following are some of the important facets…
- Megha Health Check-up camp under Aaon Gaon Chalen Projectwas conducted at Borgaon in Karjat.Nearly 1100 School Children were examined for physical examination, eye check-up including refraction. Free medicines were also distributed to sick children suffering from various ailmentsWe donated books, note books, school bags, sandals, raincoats to 1100 adivasi children from 36 schools. We are making toilets for these school children, the work will get over in coming March/ April.Total project cost approx. Rs. 12 Lacs.
- This was for the first time, that our IMA celebrated WORLD NO TOBACCO DAY outside premises on Saturday, 30th May 2016 in a big way. We have done this programme for “Mumbai Traffic Police” at Jogeshwari – East. 375 Traffic Police attended the programme.
- ICON 2016, a prestigious conference from IMA National Headquarters – IMA CGP International Conference of Family Medicine – which was held on 24th, 25th& 26th It was first time in IMA Mumbai West such International conference was organised.Overall 750 delegates attended the conference and 64 doctors got FCGP fellowships.
- First time in IMA – Mumbai West, Classical and Semi Classical Musical Evening was organised on SUNDAY, 28TH AUGUST 2016, with a very famous National and International Vocalists, Pandita Gauri Pathare and her team of artists.
- CONTINUATION OF IMA – MUMBAI WEST MEDICAL SCHOLARSHIP PROJECT :
We have awarded 20 scholarships this year to needy and deserving final year MBBS Students. Each scholarship was of Rs. 25,000/-. The scholarships were awarded to the students at theTeacher’s Day Programme held on SUNDAY, 18TH SEPTEMBER 2016 at our branch premises.
- CONTINUATION OF IMA – MUMBAI WEST MEDICAL TEXT BOOKS DONATION PROJECT :
We donated medical text books to 60 deserving students of Ist year MBBS (30 students) & IInd MBBS (30 students) students. For 2nd year MBBS Students we gave text books for 2nd& 3rd MBBS. It is further heartening to report that all the students who wereselected & given text books by our branch last year did well in FIRST & SECOND MBBS exam & all passedwith good marks.Total Project cost was approx. Rs. 12 Lacs.
- On 13th of November 2016 Sunday, IMA MW organized WALKATHON a unique programme in first time IMA – Mumbai West Branch on the occasion of World Diabetes Day.
- Mega ANNUAL SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCE – IMACON 2016 on 09th, 10th& 11th December was really grand success with all stalwarts speakers, Surabhai Sheth oration, different debates, meet the Prof. session and panel discussions.
- IMA – Mumbai West to donate :
- 5 lacs to the Lok Biradari Prakalp, Hemalkassa Trust.(Dr. Prakash Amte)
- 5 lacs for JALAYUKTA LATUR PROJECT. This project will help solve water shortage of Latur to a great extent.
- 5 Lacs to NAAM Foundation. This has emerged after devastating conditions of drought & listening to agony of drought affected farmers in Maharashtra.
- Excellent Cultural events on the occasion of Diwali – Dipawali Swarprabhat &Incredible India – Festival of India were very well organised.
- All Women’s Wing programme were unique & different and very well organized.
- IMA Navratna – A Historic Moment for IMA, our IMA MS Panel again won all 9 seats in MMC Elections 2016 with Thumping Majority under Leadership of Dr. Jayesh Lele.
- Since 15th February 2017, we have started distributing our newIMA MUMBAI WEST – TELEPHONE DIRECTORY 2016 – 17.
- In the month of May 2017, two International Tours – Hong Kong & New Zealand are organized.
This was possible only due to excellent co-operation, sheer hard work and total dedication of all my co-office bearers, managing committee members, chairpersons and members of various sub committees.I would like to express my appreciation and thanks to all of them.
We are grateful to all the members of our branch for the great trust shown in us and tremendous response, unstinted support and total co-operation rendered to us throughout the year.
Dr. Sanjay Dudhat Dr.Mehul Bhatt
President Hon. Secretary
ADMINISTRATIVE REPORT OF THE YEAR 2016 – 2017
BOARD OF TRUSTEES :-
|Managing Trustee||Dr. Suhas Pingle|
|Members Board of
|Dr. Arshad Gulam Mohd.|
|Dr. Akil Contractor|
|Dr. R. G. Jimulia|
|Dr. Anil Suchak|
THE OFFICE BEARERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
|President||Dr. Sanajy Dudhat|
|Imm Past President||Dr. Parthiv Sanghvi|
|Vice President||Dr. Ajay Hariani|
|Hon. Secretary||Dr. Mehul Bhatt|
|Hon. Treasurer||Dr. Rashmikant Sanghvi|
|Hon. Joint Secretary||Dr. Saurabh Sanjanwala|
IMA – CGP MUMBAI WEST SUB FACULTY
|Asst. Director of Studies||Dr. Shobha Ahuja|
|Asst. Secretary||Dr. Subash Gajria|
IMA – AMS MUMBAI WEST BRANCH CHAPTER
|Chairman||Dr. Sanjay Gupta|
|Hon. Secretary||Dr. Heena Patel|
MEMBERS OF THE MANAGING COMMITTEE (2016 – 2017)
|Dr. Agarwal Nitin||Dr. Kedia Subodh||Dr. Patel Manoj|
|Dr. Bachani Manohar||Dr. Lele Jayesh||Dr. Patwardhan Suhas|
|Dr. Badwe Rohini||Dr. Luthria Jagdish||Dr. Ratnaparkhi Gajanan|
|Dr. Badwe Shrikant||Dr. Mane Suresh||Dr. Sakhardande Milind|
|Dr. Chauhan Ramnik||Dr. Manek Sahil||Dr. Shah Nilesh|
|Dr. Gandhi Kamlesh||Dr. Mashru Ushma||Dr. Shah Nitin M.|
|Dr. Garg Urmila||Dr. Mehta B. S.||Dr. Subhash L. Shah|
|Dr. Hora Shaunak||Dr. Mehta Ketan||Dr. Soni Shalin|
|Dr. Joshi S. K.||Dr. Parikh Hitesh||Dr. Tiwaskar Mangesh|
|Dr. Joshi Vijay Kumar||Dr. Patel Bhavna||Dr. Thoravade Pratibha|
The Managing Committee, in it’s First Meeting held on Wednesday, 30thMarch 2016 appointed following members as Chairpersons of Various Sub – Committees:
|a||Building Sub Committee||Dr. Jayesh Lele|
|b||Cultural Sub Committee||Dr. Rohini Badwe|
|c||Editor – Medical Image Sub Committee||Dr. Mehul Bhatt|
|d||Fund Raising Sub Committee||Dr. G. Ratnaparkhi|
|e||Hospital Board of India (HBI) Scheme||Dr. Shrikant Badwe|
|f||Medical Education Sub Committee||Dr. Saurabh Sanjanwala|
|g||Membership Drive Sub Committee||Dr. Subhash L. Shah|
|h||Member’s Welfare Sub Committee||Dr. Ramnik Chauhan|
|I||Organ Donation Transplant Awareness Sub Committee||Dr. Ketan Mehta|
|j||Public Health & Community Welfare Sub Committee||Dr. Akil Contractor|
|k||Professional Protection Scheme Sub Committee||Dr. B. S. Mehta|
|l||Social Security Scheme Sub Committee||Dr. Urmila Garg|
|m||Sports Sub Committee||Dr. Nilesh Shah|
|n||Women’s Wing Sub Committee||Dr. Bhavna Patel|
On all the above sub committees, President Dr. Sanjay Dudhat, Hon. Secretary, Dr.Mehul Bhatt & Hon. Treasurer, Dr. Rashmikant Sanghviare ex-officio members.
Up to 22.02.2017, total 9managing committee meetings were held. Attendance of each member was a under:
|Dr. Suhas Pingle||6||Dr. Nitin Agarwal||2||Dr. Ushma Mashru||8|
|Dr. Akil Contractor||10||Dr. Manohar Bachani||6||Dr. B. S.Mehta||9|
|Dr. R. G. Jimulia||8||Dr. Rohini Badwe||9||Dr. Ketan Mehta||3|
|Dr. Arshad Gulam Mohd.||5||Dr. Shrikant Badwe||1||Dr. Hitesh Parikh||4|
|Dr. Anil Suchak||7||Dr. Ramnik Chauhan||9||Dr. Bhavna Patel||7|
|Dr. Sanjay Dudhat||10||Dr. Kamlesh Gandhi||6||Dr. Manoj Patel||9|
|Dr. Parthiv Sanghvi||10||Dr. Urmila Garg||6||Dr. Suhas Patwardhan||6|
|Dr. Ajay Hariani||8||Dr. Shaunak Hora||3||Dr. Ratnaparkhi Gajanan||3|
|Dr. Mehul Bhatt||10||Dr. S. K. Joshi||10||Dr. Milind Sakhardande||8|
|Dr. Rashmikant Sanghvi||10||Dr. Vijay Kumar Joshi||8||Dr. Shah Nilesh||8|
|Dr. Sanjanwala Saurabh||10||Dr. Subodh Kedia||5||Dr. Shah Nitin M.||5|
|Dr. Shobha Ahuja||10||Dr. Jayesh Lele||8||Dr. Subhash L. Shah||10|
|Dr. Subash Gajria||10||Dr. Jagdish Luthria||5||Dr. Soni Shalin||5|
|Dr. Sanjay Gupta||6||Dr. Suresh Mane||9||Dr. Tiwaskar Mangesh||1|
|Dr. Heena Patel||2||Dr. Sahil Manek||1||Dr. Thoravade Pratibha||6|
This year, our branch had :
- Annual General Body Meeting held on Sunday, 13.03.2016;
- A Special General Body Meeting held on Thursday, 26.05.2016;
- Additional General Body Meeting held on Monday, 15.08.2016;
- A Special General Body Meeting held on Wednesday, 26.10.2016;
- An Ordinary General Body Meeting held on Wednesday, 30.11.2016.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE YEAR (2016 – 2017)
IMA – MUMBAI WEST has been approved as authorized centre by Maharashtra Medical Council forholding MMC accredited CMEs.
- During the year we organized following unique, innovative & unparalleled mini conferences / seminars :
► World Health Organization Day Programme : 07th April 2016
► International Haemophilia Day : 19th April 2016
►World Asthma Day : 03rdMay 2016
►World Thalassemia Day : 10thMay 2016
► World Nurses Day : 12th May 2016
► World Hypertension Day : 17thMay 2016
► ICON 2016 – IMA CGP International Conference of
Family Medicine : 24th, 25th& 26th June 2016
►Medicine Update : 10th July 2016
► Oncology Update : 24th July 2016
► Sports Medicine : 07th August 2016
► World Heart Day : 25thSeptember 2016
► Transplant Update : 23rd October 2016
►World Diabetes Day : 13th November 2016
► ASC – IMACON 2016 : 09th, 10th& 11th December 2016
► Diabetes Certificate Course – Part I & II : 15th& 22nd January 2017
► Medicine Update : 12th February 2017
► International Women’s Day : 05th March 2017
► World Kidney Day : 08th March 2017
- Throughout the year regular
–G. P. Forum programmes organized were conducted every Tuesday at 02.00 pm;
– Weekly CMEprogrammes organised were conducted every Thursday at 2.00pm;
– Mini Conferences were held on weekends.
Programmes were very well attended and appreciated by all. We give working lunch to all the delegates so that they can come from their Dispensary directly to IMA venue for lectures which ensured that we could start the lectures on time. Majority of our CMEs were accredited by MMC.
- We inform our members about CME, Cultural and other branch programmes held from time to time by sending them SMS prior to the programmes. We also send SMS to Senior Citizens registered with us about Public Awareness Programmes.
- a) OUR BRANCH WAS AWARDED FOLLOWING PRIZES AT THE MAHARASHTRA STATE LEVEL:
at MASTACON 2016held at BARAMATI.
- IMA – Mumbai West receives “BEST BIG BRANCH” Award, from IMA – Maharashtra State President in BIG BRANCH CATEGORY(2015 – 2016).
- J. S. SIKCHI AWARD for the BEST SUB FACULTY OF IMA CGP AWARD consecutively for the TENTH YEAR from IMA – Maharashtra State in recognition of organizing the excellent CME programmes 2015 – 2016.
- IMA Mumbai West receives “DR. R. K. MENDA TROPHY” from IMA – Maharashtra State for the year 2015 – 2016.
- IMA Mumbai West receives “PRESIDENT IMA MS APPRECIATION AWARD ICON 2015 – 2016 is to appreciate the work done.
- Our Senior Life Member, S. C. MEHTALIA awarded toLIFE TIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
- President’s Special Felicitation Award (2015 – 2016) – awarded to
- Akil Contractor
- Suhas Pingle
- b) OURBRANCH WAS WELL RECOGNIZED AND AWARDED FOLLOWING PRIZES AT THEIMA NATIONAL LEVEL at IMA NATCON 2016National Conference held at Amritsar, Punjabon 28TH DECEMBER 2016.
- Our President, SANJAY DUDHAT has been awarded for the “PRESIDENT IMA APPRECIATION AWARD FOR BEST ADJUDGED PRESIDENT OF A LOCAL BRANCH” for the year 2015 – 16 in recognition of the service rendered during the year.
- Our Hon. Secretary, MEHUL BHATT has been awarded for the “IMA SPECIAL AWARD FOR ORGANIZING CONFERENCE OF IMA CGP”for the year 2015 -16 in recognition of the service rendered during the year.
- Our Hon. Secretary, MEHUL BHATT has been awarded for the “NATIONAL PRESIDENT SPECIAL MEMBERSHIP AWARD TO BE GIVEN TO AN INDIVIDUAL MEMBER ENROLLING MAXIMUM NUMBER OF LIFE MEMBERS DURING THE ASSOCIATION YEAR” for the year 2015 – 16 in recognition of the service rendered during the year.
- Our branch Past President & State Past President, IMA MS – JAYESH LELE has been awarded for the prestigious “PRESIDENT APPRECIATION AWARD FOR BEST ADJUDGED STATE PRESIDENT OF IMA MAHARASHTRA STATE” by IMA – NATIONAL AWARD COMMITTEE for the year 2015 – 2016.
- Our branch has selected MUMBAI WEST SUB FACULTY BRANCHunder MAHARASHTRA STATE for the “IMA DR. C. L. JAGGA AWARD FOR BEST FACULTY OF IMA CGP” Award for the year 2015-16 in recognition of the service rendered during the year.
- Our branch has selected for COMMUNITY SERVICE AWARD for the 2015-16 in recognition of community service rendered by the branch during the year.
- Our Past President & Trustee, B. S. MEHTA forbeing awarded prestigious AKN SINHA AWARD by IMA – NATIONAL AWARD COMMITTEE for the year 2015 -16 in recognition of the service rendered during the year.
- Our life member, SHASHANK JOSHI, has received DR. D. S. MUNAGEKAR award for Contribution in medical fraternity.
- Our life member, DEEPAK JUMANI has delivered IMA NATIONAL ORATION – LOVE SEX AND RELATIONSHIP in IMA NATIONAL CONFERENCE – NATCON 2016.
- OUR BRANCH IS WELL REPRESENTED AT MAHARASHTRA STATE AS FOLLOWS :
Dr. Parthiv Sanghvi Hon. Secretary, IMA MS
Dr. Jayesh Lele President, IMA MS
Dr. Ketan Mehta Vice President, IMA MS
Dr. Rashmikant Sanghvi IMA MS CGP Director of Studies
Dr. S. C. Mehtalia Hon. Secretary, IMA MS SSS
Dr. Urmila Garg Hon. Joint Secretary, IMA MS SSS
Dr. Suhas Kate Hon. Secretary, IMA MS HBI
Dr. S. K. Joshi Election Commissioner Office (2016- 2017) IMA MS
- Following members got elected at State Council for IMA MS representative to CWC 2016 – 2017
Regular Members Alternate Members
Dr. Parthiv Sanghvi Dr. Jayesh Lele
Dr. B. S. Mehta Dr. Sanjay Dudhat
Dr. Akil Contractor Dr. Urmila Garg
Dr. Manoj Patel Dr. Vimal Garg
Dr. Rashmikant Sanghvi
Dr. S. C. Mehtalia
- From time to time our various sub committees like Women’s Wing Sub Committee / Member’s Welfare Sub Committee / Public Health & Welfare Sub Committee / Medical Education Sub Committee and Cultural Sub Committee have co-ordinated very well and presented interesting programmes duringthe year.
- External & internal painting of entire building premises.
- We organized “DOCTOR’S DAY CELEBRATION” on SUNDAY, 03RDJULY 2016in our premises. We felicitated the following dignitaries.
uDR. P. JAGANNATH Consultant Surgical Oncologist
u DR. AMIT MAYDEO Consultant Gastroenterologist
u DR. PRAKASH AMTE Medical Director, Lok Biradar Prakalap, Hemalkasa
u DR. MANDAKINI PRAKASH AMTE Medical Director, Lok Biradar Prakalap, Hemalkasa
u DR. VINAY SARAF Consultant Dermatologist
- Our branch arranged FLAG HOISTING CERMONY onSATURDAY, 15TH AUGUST 2016to Celebrate Independence Day.
- TEACHER’S DAY CELEBRATION on SUNDAY, 18TH SEPTEMBER 2016. We felicitated the following dignitaries.
► Felicitation of Teachers :
► DR. D. D. TANNA -Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Jaslok Hospital
► DR. ANIL D’CRUZ – Chief Director, TMH & Chief Head & Neck Services
► DR. MAMTA MANGLANI -Consultant Pediatric Surgeon
► DR. HEMANGI JERAJANI -M.D., HOD of Dermatology – MGM Medical College
- More than 176 new life members added this year taking membership of our branch to 4301as on 02.2017.
- SANJAY DUDHAT DR. MEHUL BHATT
President Hon. Secretary
REPORTS OF VARIOUS SUB COMMITTEES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
(A)REPORT OF I.M.A. – C.G.P. MUMBAI WEST SUB FACULTY
Report from 21.03.2016 to 18.03.2017
Asst. Director of Studies – Dr. Shobha Ahuja
Asst. Secretary – Dr. Subash Gajria
BOARD OF STUDIES FOR THE YEAR 2016 – 2017:
The dignitaries constituting the board of the studies for the year 2016 – 2017 were as follows
1. Dr. Arun Shah
2. Dr. Ashutosh Shetty
3. Dr. Haresh Mehta
4. Dr. Ratnaparkhi
5. Dr. Sharad Sheth
1. Dr. Agam Vora
2. Dr. Bhupen Desai
3. Dr. Dimple Shashtri
4. Dr. Jagruti Sanghvi
5. Dr. Mangesh Tiwaskar
1. Dr. Priti Mehta
2. Dr. Ketan Mehta
3. Dr. Archana Juneja
4. Dr. R. D. Kharkar
5. Dr. Salil Bendre
|Senior General Practitioners :
1. Dr. Rashamikant Sanghvi
2. Dr. S. K. Joshi
3. Dr. Shalin Soni
4. Dr. Subodh Kedia
5. Dr. Suresh Mane
6. Dr. B. S. Mehta
1. Dr. Akil Contractor
2. Dr. Asha Shah
3. Dr. Ashish Joshi
4. Dr. Suhas Pingle
5. Dr. Tushar Jimulia
– No. of new IMA – CGP Life Members enrolled during the year: 77
- Total No. of IMA – CGP Life members as on March 2016: 796
– Total No. credit hours of CME and scientific activities for FCGP:259
- Week Day CMEs organised as CLINICAL SERIES on specific themes like, Pollution, Family Practice Update, Haematology, Neurology, Aesthetics, Cosmetology, Transplant, Obesity, Tuberculosis, Cardiology, Monsoon Related Diseases, Diabetes,Rheumatology, Orthopaedics, Paediatrics,Psychiatry, Gastroenterology, Practice Management topics & Oncology updates.
- Lectures organised as per HEALTH AWARENESS DAYS – WHO DAY, World Haemophilia Day, World Malaria Day, World Asthma Day, World No Tobacco Day, World Hepatitis Day, World Breast Feeding Week, World Mental Health Day, World Osteoporosis Day, World Diabetes Day, World AIDS Day, International Women’s Day, World Kidney Day, World T.B. Day.
- Many SUNDAY seminars organised on a central theme in the form of Mini Conferences :
- VARIOUS SCIENTIFIC PROGRAMMES AND ACTIVITIES ORGANISED
Programmes Credit Hours
- G. P. Forum Programme : 42
- Weekly Scientific Programme : 40
- Monthly Scientific Programme : 13
- Pre Annual Conference CME programmes : 01
- Annual Scientific Conference
Mastacon 2016: 02
Total Credit Hours : 274
1) G. P. forum programme
(lectures on every Tuesdays at 02.00 pm sharp)
total no. of programmes =42
total no. speakers =98
total credit hours = 105
|1||05.04.2016||MEDICINE UPDATE – PART I|
|ENT & GERD||Dr. Bimal Shah|
|When less done is more in the Intensive Care Unit||Dr. Rajesh Jaria|
|Dermatological Emergencies||Dr. R. D. Kharkar|
|2||12.04.2016||MEDICINE UPDATE – PART II|
|ECG – Diagnosis||Dr. Arvind Ghongane|
|Decision Making for Endoscopy||Dr. Shobna Bhatia|
|Finance for Doctors||Finance Expert|
|Lab Approach to Bleeding Disorders||Dr. Pankhi Dutta|
|Factor Replacement Therapy in Hemophilia||Dr. Sameer Tulpule|
|Blood Products – Ensuring Safe & Effective Transfusion||Dr. Rajesh Sawant|
|HBA1C below 7 Myth or Reality||Dr. Jagdish Gotur|
|Exercise and Nutrician in Diabetes||Dr. Suresh Sawardekar|
|Rational Use of Insulins||Dr. Manish Shetty|
|5||03.05.2016||WORLD ASTHMA DAY|
|Approach to Breathlessness||Prof. Dr. Salil Bendre|
|Inhalation Devices in Asthma||Dr. Pratibha Singhal|
|Pleural Diseases in Clinical Practice||Dr. Sumit Singhania|
|Pulmonary Rehabilitation||Dr. Poonam Parulekar|
|Haemoglobinopathy Screening – HPCL is the Answer||Dr. Pankhi Dutta|
|Management of Thalassemia||Dr. Sameer Tulpule|
|Stem Cell Transplant in Thalassemia||Dr. Santanu Sen|
|7||17.05.2016||WORLD HYPERTENSION DAY|
|Diagnosis & Investigation in Hypertension||Dr. Bhavesh Vazifdar|
|Hypertension Urgency & Emergency||Dr. Salil Shirodkar|
|ACC Guidelines – 2016||Dr. Ramesh Dargad|
|Update on SGLT2 Inhibitors||Dr. Jagdish Gotur|
|Diabesity||Dr. Subodh Kedia|
|Diabetes: Skin Problems||Dr. Ram Tainwala|
|Hypertension||Dr. Anand Rao|
|Plaque Modification ( Rotablation & Stenting)||Dr. Ajit Menon|
|Your Patient on Ventilator – A Condensed Workshop||Dr. Rajesh Jaria|
|Metabolic Syndrome Treatment Changing Paradigm||Dr. Jayashree Todkar|
|Metabolic Syndrome – New World Diseases||Dr. Vimal Pahuja|
|Sitting is the New Smoking||Dr. Greesma Shenoy|
|Recent Advances in Colorectal Malignancies||Dr. Sachin Almel|
|Renal Emergency||Dr. Niranjan Kulkarni|
|When CBC gives more Mileage – CBC Advance||Dr. Kunal Sehgal|
|Liver Transplant in India||Dr. Ravi Mohanka|
|Update on Colon Cancer||Dr. Ian Pinto|
|Newly Announced Schemes and Answering Queries Directly from Doctors on their Income Tax Queries and Doubts||Ms Nilu Jaggi
Joint Commissioner of Income Tax
|13||26.07.2016||MEDICINE UPDATE – PART IV|
|Splenomegaly||Dr. Asha Shah|
|Selective Systemic Lupus Erythematosus||Dr. Shaileja Sabnis|
|PAMI V/S Thrombolysis||Dr. Ramesh Kanwar|
|14||02.08.2016||MANAGEMENT OF ACUTE ISCHEMIC STROKE & ANEURYSMS|
|Updates on Stroke & Management||Dr. Anil Karapurkar|
|Interventional Treatment for Aneurysm||Dr. Rakesh Singh|
|Medical Management for AIS||Dr. Rakesh Lalla|
|15||09.08.2016||MEDICINE UPDATE – PART II|
|Current Trends in Arthroplasty||Dr. Vaibhav Kasodekar|
|Pharmacology.. Anti Emetics||Dr. Mehul Bhatt|
|Obesity & Diabetes – A diseases of G.I. Tract||Dr. Shashank Shah|
|16||16.08.2016||MEDICINE UPDATE – PART IV|
|Empagliflozin : Tacking CV & Renal Risk in Type 2 Diabetes||Dr. Kavita Pai|
|Taxation on Investment||Mr. Dhiraj Padiyath|
|Approach to Diarrhoea||Dr. C. H. Asrani|
|Polycythemia||Dr. Abhay Bhave|
|Bone Marrow Basics||Dr. Avinas Deo|
|Stroke – Do’s and Don’t’s||Dr. Shirish Hastak|
|18||30.08.2016||MEDICINE UPDATE – PART V|
|Current Trends in Cardiovascular Surgery in West||Dr. Shriram Nene|
|Death Certification||Dr. Pranita Tipre|
|Death Certification||Dr. Arvind Manjrekar|
|19||13.09.2016||MEDICINE UPDATE – PART II|
|Vaccination||Dr. Vasant Nagvekar|
|COPD Newer Therapies||Dr. Rahul Bahot|
|Cardiology||Dr. Ajay Pandey|
|20||20.09.2016||MEDICINE UPDATE – PART III|
|Pigmentation||Dr. Priti Shenai|
|Metabolic Surgery for Type – 2 Diabetes, Is It a Cure?||Dr. Jaydeep Palep|
|Family, Media, Sex||Dr. Rajshekhar Brahmbhatt|
|21||27.09.2016||MEDICINE UPDATE – PART IV|
|Rational use of Anti-biotics in Paediatrics||Dr. Ravindra Chittal|
|Paediatric Eye Condition||Dr. Sunil Morekar|
|Systemic Disease & Eye||Dr. Archana Gotecha – Sanghvi|
|22||04.10.2016||MEDICINE UPDATE – PART I|
|Diabetic Foot||Dr. Ragini Maheshwari|
|Environment & Mental Health||Dr. Vani Kulhalli|
|Acne||Dr. Purvi Shah|
|Diabetes and Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease||Dr. Suresh Sawardekar|
|Microvascular Complications & Optimal Glycemic Control||Dr. Shaival Chandalia|
|Alpha cells in Diabetes||Dr. Girish Parmar|
|SGLT2 i||Dr. Sonali Patange|
|24||25.10.2016||MEDICINE UPDATE – PART IV|
|Lipid Management||Dr. Amit Sharma|
|Panel Discussion :
MANAGEMENT OF HYPERTENSION
Moderator : Dr. Anand Rao
|Dr. Anand Rao
Dr. Amit Sharma
Dr. Akil Contractor
|25||08.11.2016||MEDICINE UPDATE – PART I|
|The Positive Impact of Empagliflozin in your Type 2 Diabetes Patients||Dr. Dakshata Padhye|
|Current Concepts in Arthroplasty||Dr. Sanjay Londhe|
|26||15.11.2016||MEDICINE UPDATE – PART III|
|Breathlessness & Heart||Dr. Harish Bajaj|
|Breathlessness & Lungs||Dr. Sanjeev Mehta|
|Breathlessness & Hematology||Dr. Mukesh Desai|
|27||22.11.2016||WOW UPDATE – PART II|
|The Current Scenario in Home Healthcare||Dr. Udaya Kumar Maiya|
|Knee Pain & It’s Management||Dr. J. P. Jain|
|28||29.11.2016||MEDICINE UPDATE – PART IV|
|Hernia repair in 2016||Dr. Divesh Raveshia|
|Approach to a Patient of Fatty Liver||Dr. Jayshri Shah|
|GERD Newer Insights||Dr. Samir Parikh|
|Early Diagnosis and Preventive Measures for CKD Patients||Dr. Sharad Sheth|
|Basics of Dialysis||Dr. Niranjan Kulkarni|
|Liver Transplantation : An Overview||Dr. Vibha Varma|
|SGLT2||Dr. Dakshata Padhye|
|SU Displacement & DPP4 Inhibitors||Dr. Rajiv Kovil|
|31||03.01.2017||MEDICAL UPDATE – PART I|
|Role of Genetics in Clinical Practice||Dr. Ariba Khan|
|Orthopedic in Elderly||Dr. Tushar Jimulia|
|Aging Skin||Dr. Priti Shenai|
|How to Investigate||Dr. Arvind Ghongane|
|How to Treat Initially||Dr. Rajiv Tungare|
|How to Manage Intervention||Dr. G. P. Ratnaparkhi|
|33||17.01.2017||MEDICAL UPDATE – PART III|
|Early Diagnosis & Screening of Cancer||Dr. Bhavna Parikh|
|Nicotin Deaddiction||Dr. Kiran Dixit Shandilya|
|Are all Gliptins CV Neutral||Dr. Altamash Shaikh|
|Gliptin in T2DM with Renal Impairment||Dr. Dhruv Singh|
|Clinical Inertia & Diabetes||Dr. Abhishek Bhargav|
|35||31.01.2017||MEDICAL UPDATE – PART V|
|Gliptins in T2DM with Comorbid||Dr. Abhishek Bhargav|
|Difficult to Treat ACNE Management||Dr. Ram Tainwala|
|Role if Vitamins,… Minerals and Antioxidants in Practice||Dr. Arvind Ghongane|
|36||07.02.2017||DIABETES UPDATE – PART I|
|T2DM Management: Solving a Diabetologist’s Dilemma in T2DM Management||Dr. Shabee Siddiqui|
|T2DM Management : Which Gliptin?||Dr. Snehal Tanna|
|Early Insulinization||Dr. Shehzad Topiwala|
|37||14.02.2017||MEDICINE UPDATE – PART III|
|See Money Grow on Trees||Ms. Kavita Bothra|
|Hypertension||Dr. Bhavesh Vajifdar|
|Oxygen Therapy||Dr. Rahul Bahot|
|Citric Acid Cycle, Blood Glucose Metabolism||Dr. Pramod Ingale|
|Protein Metabolism||Dr. Arvind Ghongane|
|Lipid Metabolism||Dr. Girish Parmar|
|39||28.02.2017||MEDICINE UPDATE – PART V|
|Newer Concept in Hypertension & Newer CCB||Dr. Jagdish Gotur|
|Cancer Update||Dr. Dhairyasheel Sawant|
|Cardiovascular Outcomes in EMPA REG Study||Dr. Pravin Kahle|
|40||07.03.2017||HEAD INJURY UPDATE|
|Head Injury Conservative Management||Dr. Ashok Sirsat|
|Head Injury Surgical Aspects of Management||Dr. Nitin Dange|
|Imaging of Head Injury||Dr. Nimish Kamat|
|Physiotherapy in Head Injury||Physiotherapist|
|41||14.03.2017||MEDICINE UPDATE – PART I|
|Spine Aaj Aur Kal||Dr. Mihir Bapat|
|Fever & It’s Management in Children||Dr. Ravindra Chittal|
|Headache in Children||Dr. Jagruti Sanghvi|
|42||21.03.2017||LIFE SUPPORT UPDATE|
|Basic Life Support||Dr. Vatsal Kothari|
|Advance Life Support|
|Hands on Workshop|
2) REPORT OF WEEKLY SCIENTIFIC PROGRAMME
TOTAL NO. OF PROGRAMMES = 40
total no. speakers =110
total credit hours = 100
|1||07.04.2016||WORLD HEALTH ORGANISATION DAY|
|Prevention of Diabetes||Dr. Bhoraskar Anil|
|Implementing Diabetic Diet in Patients||Ms. Avani Shah|
|Impact of Empagliflozin on your Type 2 Diabetes Patients !||Dr. Tanvi Chopda|
|2||14.04.2016||MEDICINE UPDATE – PART III|
|Art of Glaucoma Management||Dr. Rajul Parikh|
|Digestive Enzymes||Dr. Samir Parikh|
|Finance for Doctors||Finance Expert|
|3||21.04.2016||MEDICINE UPDATE – PART IV|
|Managing T2DM in India – 2015 & Beyond||Dr. Archana Juneja|
|Managing Knee Pain before and after TKR||Dr. Pranav Rathi|
|Case Study- Management of Patient Uncontrolled on Metformin||Dr. Girish Parmar|
|Advances in Heart Failure Management||Dr. Nandkishore Kapadia|
|Recent Trends in Cardiac Surgery||Dr. Bipinchandra Bhamre|
|Sudden Cardiac Arrest or Heart Failure||Dr. Pravin Kahale|
|Psoriasis||Dr. Shefali Trasi|
|Recent Developments in Interventional Cardiology||Dr. Haresh Mehta|
|Practical Approach to Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease – GERD||Dr. Mathew Koshy Kandathil|
|6||12.05.2016||WORLD NURSES DAY|
|Approach to a Case of Pancreatitis||Dr. Philip Abraham|
|Prostate Cancer – Medical Management||Dr. Avinash Deo|
|Role of Nurse in Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease||Dr. Jayshri Shah|
|Investment Awareness||Dr. Navin Punjabi|
|Immunization Update||Dr. Jagruti Sanghvi|
|NICU Basics & Update||Dr. Prashant Dikshit|
|Basic Work up & Management of Infertility||Dr. Sulbha Arora|
|Advances in Assisted Reproductive Technology||Dr. Ritu Hinduja|
|Medico Legal Aspects of Abortion||Dr. B. M. Inamdar|
|9||16.06.2016||MONSOON DISEASES UPDATE|
|Approach to Patients with Monsoon Related Illnesses Prevention
|Dr. Minni Khetrapal|
|Vector borne & Waterborne Diseases – Clinical Approach & Management||Dr. Kaustubh Salagre|
|Demystifying Assisted Reproduction Techniques||Dr. Mohit Saraogi|
|10||07.07.2016||MEDICINE UPDATE – PART I|
|A role & Benefit of Empagliflozin on Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||Dr. Ameya Joshi|
|Basic & Awareness of Prostrate Cancer||Dr. Bharat Chauhan|
|Newer Anticoagulants||Dr. Sameer Tulpule|
|11||14.07.2016||MEDICINE UPDATE – PART II|
|Death Certification – Update||Dr. Pranita Tipre|
|Precautions GP should take when writing cause of Death||Dr. Arvind Manjrekar|
|Personalized Therapy in Cancer Malignancies||Dr. Sewanti Limaye|
|12||21.07.2016||MEDICINE UPDATE – PART III|
|Management of Hepatitis B in Pregnancy||Dr. Samir Parikh|
|Indication of EUS||Dr. Tarun Gupta|
|Tropical Fevers||Dr. Vasant Nagvekar|
|Clinical Approach Acute Febrile Illnesses in Monsoon||Dr. Harshad Limaye|
|Monsoon Fever & AKI||Dr. Anup Chaudhary|
|Management of AKI||Dr. Harish Pathak|
|14||04.08.2016||MEDICINE UPDATE – PART I|
|Every Diabetes needs Foot Care||Dr. Dakshta Padheye|
|Allergy & Lung||Dr. Salil Bendre|
|Breast Feeding||Dr. Jagruti Sanghvi|
|MEDICINE UPDATE – PART III|
|Managing Skin Allergy||Dr. R. D. Kharkar|
|Ophthalmic Disease and Its Basic Management||Dr. Ajay Dudani|
|Use of Calcineurin Inhibitors in Dermatology||Dr. Shashikant Gwalia|
|16||01.09.2016||MEDICINE UPDATE – PART I|
|Stomach Cancer Management||Dr. Kirti Bhushan|
|Approach to Fatty Liver Disease||Dr. Arvind Ghongane|
|What’s New in Peripheral Vascular Intervention||Dr. Vimal Someshwar|
|Liver Transplant Update||Dr. Anurag Shrimal|
|Liver Cancer Update||Dr. Gaurav Gupta|
|Role of Bariatric Surgery in Liver Disease Reversal||Dr. Ramen Goel|
|Interesting Cases in Lung Cancer||Dr. Sevanti Limaye|
|Recent Advances in Breast Cancer||Dr. Archana Shetty|
|Case Based Discussion on Lymphoma||Dr. Shilpa Gupta|
|19||06.10.2016||MEDICINE UPDATE – PART II|
|EMPA Reg Study||Dr. Dhruv Singh|
|Fertility Preservation||Dr. Mukesh Agarwal|
|Hypertension & Heart||Dr. Rajesh Jaria|
|Nutrition in Nephrology||Dr. Arun Shah|
|Diuretic||Dr. Anup Chaudhari|
|Hypertension – Nephrologists Perspective||Dr. Keyur Dave|
|21||20.10.2016||MEDICINE UPDATE – PART III|
|Hydration in Fever Management||Dr. Anil Ballani|
|Panel Discussion on
“TREATMENT OF FUNGAL INFECTIONS IN 2016”
|Dr. Rajendra Kharkar
Dr. Shashikant Gwalia
Dr. Vibha Nigale
|22||27.10.2016||MEDICINE UPDATE – PART V|
|HBV in Pregnancy..||Dr. Samir Parikh|
|Ca Breast||Dr. Ratna Parikh|
|Approach to a Child with Fever of One Week||Dr. Jagruti Sanghvi|
|23||10.11.2016||MEDICINE UPDATE – PART II|
|IBS & Constipation||Dr. Jayant Barve|
|Interpretation of Liver Function Test||Dr. Manjur Husen|
|24||17.11.2016||WOW UPDATE – PART I|
|Mind-Body and Emotional Wellness Therapies||Dr. Shyam Bhatt|
|Depression||Dr. Harish Shetty|
|Glycemic Variability in T2DM||Dr. Archana Juneja|
|Revisiting CV Safety in T2DM Focus on Newer OAD’S||Dr. Mahesh Shah|
|Role of Newer Anti-Diabetic agent in T2DM||Dr. Alok Modi|
|26||01.12.2016||WORLD AIDS DAY|
|Approach to Fever||Dr. Jagdish Gotur|
|Newer Anti Malarial||Dr. Suresh Sathe|
|HIV Management, Newer Insights||Dr. Zubin Vaid|
|27||15.12.2016||MEDICINE UPDATE – PART I|
|Neurocysticercosis||Dr. Anil Venkatachalam|
|Common Orthopaedic Disorders of Upper Limb||Dr. Pranav Rathi|
|Breast Cancer||Dr. Suresh Advani|
|Treatment in Advances of Lung Cancer||Dr. Sanjay Dudhat|
|Nutrician in Cancer||Dr. Hiteshi Shah|
|29||29.12.2016||MEDICINE UPDATE – PART II|
|Current Concepts in Management of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding||Dr. Rakesh Pandia|
|Current Trends in Total Hip Replacement||Dr. H. R. Zhuzunwala|
|Psoriasis||Dr. R. D. Kharkar|
|30||05.01.2017||MEDICAL UPDATE – PART II|
|Approach to Cancer Patient||Dr. Sandeep Goyle|
|An introduction to Pain & Palliative Care||Dr. Mahesh Menon|
|Interventions in Pain Management||Dr. Navita Purohit|
|Oligoasthenoteratozooospermia||Dr. Mukesh Agrawal|
|Panel Discussion : Management of Female Infertility||Dr. Shilpa Saple|
|Moderator : Dr. Mukesh Agrawal||Dr. Simi Kawar|
|32||19.01.2017||MEDICAL UPDATE – PART IV|
|Finance for Doctors||Finance Expert|
|What, Why & When in Radiology||Dr. Anil Bhaya|
|Systemic Lupus Erythematosis||Dr. Shailaja Sabnis|
|33||02.02.2017||MEDICINE UPDATE – PART I|
|Stereotaxy & It’s Application in Brain Surgery||Dr. Abhya kumar|
|Internet Addiction||Dr. Harish Shetty|
|Psychiatry & Terrariums||Dr. Vani Kulhalli|
|34||09.02.2017||MEDICINE UPDATE – PART II|
|Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant||Dr. Akshay Shah|
|Counselling and Starting AKT in Newly Diagnosed Patient of Koch’s||Dr. Salil Bendre|
|Antihypertensive ; Azilsartan||Dr. Anand Rao|
|35||16.02.2017||MEDICINE UPDATE – PART IV|
|Depression in Adolescents||Dr. Manoj Bhatawadekar|
|Current Trends in Management of Thyroid||Dr. Sudeep Sarkar|
|Epistaxis & Its Management||Dr. Ajay Doiphode|
|36||23.02.2017||DIABETES UPDATE – PART II|
|Microvascular Complications & Optimal Glycemic Control||Dr. Ajay Mahajan|
|Gliptins in T2DM with Renal Impairment||Dr. Arvind Ghongane|
|Diabetes in Elderly : An Association of Challenges||Dr. Manish Shetty|
|37||02.03.2017||DIABETES UPDATE – PART I|
|Challenges in Type 2 Diabetes Management||Dr. Ami Sanghvi|
|Day to Day Symptoms in Gastroenterology||Dr. Sanjeev Khanna|
|Practical Initiation of Management of Newly Diagnosed Type 2 D.M. Patient||Dr. Shabee Siddiqui|
|38||09.03.2017||WORLD KIDNEY DAY|
|Proteinuria||Dr. L. H. Suratkal|
|Obstructive Sleep Apnea & CKD||Dr. Sharad Sheth|
|Management of CKD in Metabolic Syndrome||Dr. Jayesh Desai|
|Obesity in Children||Dr. Anup Chaudhary|
|39||16.03.2017||NEW GUIDANCE RNTCP|
|RNTCP Overview||Dr. Daksha Shah|
|Revised Diagnostic Algorithm, Daily Regimen for Drug Sensitive TB||Dr. Amit Karad /
Dr. Jyoti Salve
|Updates on MDR TB, Bed aquiline and ADR Management||Dr. Vikas Oswal
|PPIA / Private sector engagement||Dr. Syed Imran|
|40||23.03.2017||DIABETES UPDATE – PART II|
|Positioning DPP4inhibitors in Current Era||Dr. Archana Juneja|
|Gliptins : An answer to individualized T2DM||Dr. Rajiv Kovil|
|Multidimensional Mechanisms of CV Safety with Gliptins||Dr. Girish Parmar|
3) REPORT OF SATURDAY &SUNDAY SCIENTIFIC PROGRAMMES
Total No. of Programmes = 16
Total C.M.E. Credit Hours = 71
These programes are conducted on a Sunday from 09.00 a.m. onwards. Usually in our Air Conditioned Hall. These programmes have a common theme and in this programme, consultant teachers are invited to speak on various topics related to the central theme. These programmes are free for all members of I.M.A. – C.G.P. and at highly subsidized rates for I.M.A. members. They are very well attended by General Practitioners
- ICON 2016
IMA CGP INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OF FAMILY PHYSICIAN
DAY & DATE : SATURDAY, 25TH JUNE 2016
|Role of Family Physician in Public Health||Dr. V. K. Monga|
|Physician heal Thyself||Dr. J. A. Jayalal|
|Medical Profession Today & Role of Medical Association||Dr. D. R. Rai|
|Nappy Dermatitis||Dr. Vinay Saraf|
|Family Doctor Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow||Dr. S. Arul Rhaj|
|Point of Care Investigation||Dr. K. K. Aggarwal|
|HALL A – AUDITORIUM, 1ST FLOOR|
|Sexual Dysfunction||Dr. Deepak Jumani|
|Treating Diabetes with AGP – Open your Eyes||Dr. Manoj Chawla|
|Hypertension & Role of Chlorthalidone||Dr. Anil Pareek|
|Medico Legal Responsibility of G.P.||Dr. K. K. Aggarwal|
|Sustainable Development Goals-Role of G.P.||Dr. Preethi|
|HALL B – GROUND FLOOR|
|Pediatric Education for GPs||Dr. Prof. Kathryn Currow|
|Overview of Chemotherapy in Gynecological Cancers||Dr. Indu Ambulkar|
|Disc Prolapse||Dr. Nikhil Arbatti|
|Conquering Breast Ca in 2016||Dr. Bhavna Parikh|
|Joint Replacement||Dr. Sanjeev Jain|
|Key Note Address – Ethical issues in Clinical Practice||Dr. Vinay Aggarwal|
- ICON 2016
IMA CGP INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OF FAMILY PHYSICIAN
SUNDAY, 26TH JUNE 2016,
|An Approach to Resistant Hypertension||Dr. Gajanan Ratnaparkhi|
|CKD – How we should treat||Dr. Umesh Khanna|
|Improving the Metabolic State with SGLT2i Creating Multiple Benefit||Dr. Mangesh Tiwaskar|
|How to Bill Ethically||Dr. K. K. Aggarwal|
|Epilepsy & Newer AED’s||Dr. Ashutosh Shetty|
|3 D Laparoscopic Surgery for Fibroid||Dr. Rakesh Sinha|
|Bioresorbable Vascular Scaffold||Dr. Haresh Mehta|
|Toxicities of Chemotherapy – how to deal||Dr. Boman Dhabar|
|Multiple Myeloma – Clinical Pearls||Dr. Ashish Joshi|
|An Introduction to VADS & Heart Transplant||Dr. Hemant Pathare|
|Emerging Trends in MRI||Dr. Deepak Patkar|
|Finance for Doctors||Mr. K. K. Taneja|
- FULL DAY CONFERENCE ON “MEDICINE UPDATE”
Day & Date : SUNDAY, 10TH JULY 2016
Venue : ONEUP BANQUETS, Malad West, Mumbai – 400 064
PROGRAMME CONVENOR : DR. MEHUL BHATT
|Pitfalls in Diabetic Foot Management||Dr. Tushar Rege|
|HIV Update||Dr. D. G. Saple|
|IBS||Dr. Molina Khanna|
|Therapeutic Advances in Rheumatic Diseases||Dr. Sunil Singh|
|Psoriasis||Dr. Sushil Tahiliani|
|Unusual Causes of Fever in Children||Dr. Vishal Baldua|
|Gastroenterology – Interesting Cases||Dr. Vipulroy Rathod|
|Intraabdominal Infections||Dr. Manoj Bharucha|
|Management of Complicated UTI||Dr. Hardik Shah|
|Financial Management||To be announce|
|Monsoon Fevers||Dr. Vasant Nagvekar|
- “ONCOLOGY UPDATE”
Day & Date : SUNDAY, 24TH JULY 2016
CONVENOR : DR. SANJAY DUDHAT
|Childhood Cancers : Same-Same, but Different!||Dr. Shripad Banavali
Head of Medical Oncology, Tata Hospital
|Clinical Pearls in Myeloproliferative Neoplasms||Dr. Ashish Joshi, DM
Consultant Medical Oncologist, Nanavati Hospital
|Current Trends in Management of Thyroid Tumors||Dr. Anil D’cruz
Director, Tata Memorial Hospital
|Indications & Contra indications for Radiation therapy for solid tumors||Dr. V. Kannan, Chief Radiation Oncologist,
|Lessons Learnt in Oncology||Dr. Praful Desai, Consultant Onco Surgeon,
Breach Candy & Bombay Hospital
- “SPORTS MEDICINE”
First time in IMA Mumbai West
Day & Date: SUNDAY, 07TH AUGUST 2016
CONVENOR : DR. SANJAY DUDHAT
|Recent Trends in Sports Medicine||Dr. Ali Irani
Consultant Sports Medicine
|Pathology of Joints & its Implications||Dr. Nimish Nanavati
|Cardiac Fitness||Dr. Brain Pinto
|Management of Sports Injuries||Dr. Anant Joshi
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
|Sports and overuse related conditions of the hand||Dr. Aditya Kaushik
Consultant Hand Surgeon
|Speech by A Famous Sportsman||To be announced|
- A unique Programme on “WORLD HEART DAY”
Day & Date : SUNDAY, 25TH SEPTEMBER 2016
CONVENOR : DR. SANJAY DUDHAT
|Current Trends in Management of Heat Failure||Dr. Bhupen Desai|
|Angiography, Angioplasty – when to perform||Dr. Salil Shirodkar|
|New Oral Anticoagulants in Clinical Practice||Dr. Darshan Jhala|
|Minimally Invasive Approach to Cardiac Surgery – Away to Future||Dr. Rohit Shahpurkar|
|DR. MANDKE MEMORIAL LECTURE –
“HEART DISEASE, WHEN NOT TO TREAT”
|Dr. Yash Lokhandwala|
- TRANSPLANT UPDATE”
Day & Date : SUNDAY, 23RD OCTOBER 2016
|Liver Malignancy||Dr. Manish Varma|
|Hepatobiliary & Pancreatic Surgery||Dr. Anand Ramamurthy|
|Paediatric Liver Transplant||Dr. Mahesh Gopasetty|
|Pancrease Transplant||Dr. Anil Vaidya|
|Living Donor Liver Transplant & Multivisceral Transplant||Dr. Anand Khakhar|
- “MEDICINE UPDATE”
Day & Date : SUNDAY, 18TH DECEMBER 2016
|Emergencies in Endocrinology||Dr. Girish Parmar|
|The new basal insulin / GLP1RA Combination : Dual attack against Diabetes||Dr. Manoj Chawla|
|The Art & Science of Sex Counseling||Dr. Raj Brahmbhatt|
|Clinical Approach to Assessment of Breathless Patient||Dr. Arvind Ghongane|
|Surgical Emergencies in Andrology||Dr. Sanjay Pandey|
|Psychiatry in Clinical Practice||Dr. Harish Shetty|
- “DIABETES CERTIFICATE COURSE”- PART I
Day & Date : SUNDAY, 15TH JANUARY 2017
|Non Pharmacological Management of Diabetes||Dr. Sanjiv Shah|
|Conventional Oral Anti Diabetic Agents||Dr. Vijay Panikar|
|Newer Anti Diabetic Agents||Dr. S. M. Bandukwala|
|Panel Discussion : INJECTABLES
Moderator : Dr. Mangesh Tiwaskar
|Dr. Anil Bhoraskar
Dr. Sanjiv Shah
Dr. Vijay Panikar
Dr. S. M. Bandukwala
|Diabetes & Thyroid||Dr. Shashank Joshi|
|Cardio Metabolic Syndrome||Dr. Mangesh Tiwaskar|
|Diabetes & Eye||Dr. Yash Shah|
|Erectile Dysfunction in Diabetes||Dr. Deepak Jumani|
|Diabetes & Hypertension Double Whammy||Dr. Manoj Chadha|
|Diabetic Neuropathy||Dr. Anil Venkitachalam|
- “DIABETES CERTIFICATE COURSE”- PART II
Day & Date : SUNDAY, 22NDJANUARY 2017
|Counselling in Diabetes||Dr. Roshani Sanghani|
|1) Managing Diabetes in Indian Subset
2) Treatment of Common Infections in Diabetes
|Dr. Jagdish Gotur|
|Role of Microbiota in Diabetes||Dr. Vijay Negalur|
|Surgical Management of Diabetes||Dr. Shashank Shah|
|Hypoglycemia||Dr. Dheeraj Kapoor|
|Depression in Diabetes||Dr. Avinash D’souza|
|Diabetic Foot||Dr. Tushar Rege|
|Diabetes & Skin||Dr. R. D. Kharkar|
|Emergences in Diabetes||Dr. Archana Juneja|
|Sweet Heart||Dr. Sunil Wani|
|Prevention of Diabetes – Can we do Something||Dr. Ameya Joshi|
|Interesting Clinical Cases||Dr. Altamash Shaikh|
|Diabetes Kidney Disease||Dr. Sharad Sheth|
- “MEDICINE UPDATE”
SUNDAY, 12TH FEBRUARY 2017
PROGRAMME CO-ORDINATOR : DR. RASHMIKANT SANGHVI
|Chest Medicine in 2017||Dr. Sanjeev Mehta|
|Cardiology for GP’s – Tips & Tricks||Dr. M. K. Shah|
|Acute Stroke Management||Dr. Ashutosh Shetty|
|Upper GI Bleeding||Dr. Samir Parekh|
|Management of CKD||Dr. Arun Shah|
|Advances in Cancer Care & Supportive Therapy||Dr. Abhay Bhave|
- “INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY”
SUNDAY, 05TH MARCH 2017
CONVENORS : DR. AKIL CONTRACTOR & DR. SANJAY DUDHAT
|Gastroenterology : When to Seek help||Dr. Jayshri Shah|
|Infertility Update||Dr. Jayanti Kamat|
|Oncology – What’s New||Dr. B. K. Smruti|
|Rights of Women – Revisited||Ms. Radhika Dudhat Pereira|
|Felicitation of Chief Guest||To be announces|
|Look Matters…||Dr. Asha Doshi|
|Role of Exercise & Nutrition in Diabetes||Dr. Roshani Sanghani|
|Depression… Let’s Talk||Dr. Dimple Shastri|
- “WORLD KIDNEY DAY”
WEDNESDAY, 08TH MARCH 2017
PROGRAMME CO-ORDINATORS : DR. SHRUTI TAPIAWALA & DR. DEEPA JAYARAM
PROGRAMME CONVENOR : DR. JAYESH LELE
|UTIs in Women||Dr. Rekha Dubey|
|Impact of CKD on Menstrual Cycle, Pregnancy & Menopause||Dr. Jyotsana Zope
Dr. Anshumala Shukla
|Antenatal Care in a CKD Patient
Nephro – Renal Physiology during Pregnancy Impact of CKD on Pregnancy Drugs
|Dr. Kalpana Mehta
Dr. Suchitra Pandit
|Hypertension & Proteinuria in Pregnancy||Dr. Rasika Sirsat
Dr. Suruchi Desai
|PANEL DISCUSSION & QUESTION AND ANSWER
– UTI in Women
– Impact of CKD on Menstrual Cycles, Pregnancy & Menopause
– Antenatal Care in a CKD Patient
– Proteinuria, Glomeruler Diseases
– Hypertension in Pregnancy
– Pregnancy in Dialysis & Post Transplant
– Neonatal Care Post High Risk Pregnancy
Dr. Pooja Dalal
Dr. Geeta Sheth
Dr. Mayuri Trivedi
Dr. Divya Bajpai
Dr. Ruchi S.
Dr. Vidya Kadam
Dr. Kamini Mehta
4) PRE CONFERENCE CME
Day & Date : FRIDAY, 09TH DECEMBER 2016
|Recent Advances in Management of Acute Coronary Syndrome||Dr. Harish Bajaj|
|Capital Markets & Common Man||Mr. Narayan Venkat|
|Indian Phenotype : SGLT2 Inhibitors Rationale & Evidence||Dr. Dheeraj Kapoor|
5) ANNUAL SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCE – “IMACON – 2016”
SATURDAY, 10TH DECEMBER 2016
|Management of Obesity – Current Trends||Dr. Shashank Joshi|
|Diabetic & Eye||Dr. Himanshu Mehta|
|Gynaecological Cancers – GP’s Perspective||Dr. Nikhil Parvate|
|Meet the Professor – Major issues in Clinical Practice||Dr. Sanjay Oak|
|INAUGURATION :DR. K. K. AGGARWAL – NATIONAL PRESIDENT, IMA – HQS|
|Management of Seizures||Dr. Ashutosh Shetty|
|“SEX MATTERS…” – PANEL DISCUSSION
MODERATOR : DR. DEEPAK JUMANI,Consultant Sexual Health Physician
|Hormone & Sex||Dr. Shashank Joshi|
|Sex issues with Men||Dr. Vijay Kulkarni|
|Female Sexual Dysfunction||Dr. Anjali Chhabria|
|Sex & Violence||Mr. Vishal Gupta, Criminal Lawyer|
|WORKSHOP BY DR. K. K. AGGARWAL
(CARDIOLOGIST & IMA NATIONAL PRESIDENT, 2016 – 17)
|IMA HEALTH CHANNEL
a) CHANNEL MEDILOW
– Principal of ethic, etiquettes, Standard of Care
– Medico Legal Aspects
– Me Lord, I am not guilty
b) CHANNEL II – MEDI FINANCE
– Formula Best, Practice Tips
c) CHANGING HORIZON IN FAMILY PRACTICE
DISCUSSION WITH AUDIENCE
ANNUAL SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCE – “IMACON – 2016”
SUNDAY, 11TH DECEMBER 2016
|Statins – Beneficial are not – Case Based Discussion||Dr. Bhupen Desai|
|Guidelines on Management of Hypothyroidism||Dr. Sanjeev Shah|
|PANEL DISCUSSION ON “HEMATOLOGY”
Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
MODERATOR : DR. ABHAY BHAVE
Dr. Anil Kamat (Hematologist)
Dr. Balkrishna Padate (Hematologist)
Dr. Kunal Sehgal (Hemato-pathologist)
|SURABHAI SHETH ORATION : “SCIENCE & RELIGION”||DR. RAVIN THATTE|
|Current Trends in Joint Replacement||Dr. Sanjeev Jain|
|Management of Depression||Dr. Yusuf MatcheswalLa|
|Preventive Pulmonology||Dr. Salil Bendre|
|Debate on Diabetes||Dr. Mangesh Tiwaskar|
|Recent Trends in Spine Surgery||Dr. Ajay Bajaj|
|Outcome of Targeted Therapy in Oncology||Dr. Nilesh Lokeshwar|
|Thrombolysis||Dr. Rajendra Kharkar|
|Metabolic Surgery – A Myths or Facts||Dr. Shashank Shah|
(B) REPORT OF I.M.A. – A.M.S. MUMBAI WEST CHAPTER
Chairperson : DR. SANJAY GUPTA
Hon. Secretary : DR. HEENA PATEL
- 20 newly admitted IMA – AMS life members this year.
(C) REPORT OF TRUST BOARD
MANAGING TRUSTEE: Dr. Suhas Pingle
TRUST BOARD MEMBERS :Dr. Arshad Gulam Mohamad
Dr. Akil Contractor
Dr. R. G. Jimulia
Dr. Anil Suchak
At the outset let me thank the trust board members for giving me the opportunity to be the “Managing Trustee” for the year 2016 – 2017. I also thank the office bearers & the members of managing committee for their co-operation.
- 10 meetings of the ‘Trust Board’ took place during the year.
- Major decision of ‘Repairs’, of the building & upgrading of the Lift were taken. consultants were appointed for both these jobs.
- 14 Societies matter is being handled with the help of legal opinion.
- MOU with IMA Maharashtra State renewed for 3 more years.
- Caterer & Decorator Contract renewed for 3 more years (M/s. Amantran)
(D) REPORT OF BUILDING SUB COMMITTEE
CHAIRPERSON : DR. JAYESH M. LELE
- This year two major projects have been started
- Renovation of Lift which shall include complete modernisation as well as adding new bigger body.
- New features like voice prompts, automatic doors, for 6 persons use.
- Entire building was inspected by specially appointed architect.
- Budgeted about Rs. 50 Lakhs for which special general body was called. Tenders invited
- Received 11 tenders, interviews were taken by trust board and office bearers.
- The work will start soon.
- Entire building also will be painted later.
- Normal day to day work and maintanance was carried out.
- We received less rent from our Cell towers due to 2 operators stopped working.
- We thank trust board for constant support and advice
- E) CULTURAL SUB COMMITTEE
CHAIRPERSON : DR. ROHINI BADWE
MEMBERS : DR. AKIL CONTRACTOR
- First time in IMA – Mumbai West, Classical and Semi Classical Musical Evening was organised on SUNDAY, 28TH AUGUST 2016, with a very famous National and International Vocalists, Pandita Gauri Pathare and her team of artists. The thought behind organizing this classical concert to give different exposure of music to our members. Mrs. Varsha Usgaonkar Sharma as a chief guest for the programme. Pandita Gauri Pathare presented her excellent skills of classical music. She presented Ragas, Thumri, Dadra, Natya Sangeet and Bhajans outstandingly. She was simply brilliant in her rendition and enthralled the audience.
- SUNDAY, 30TH OCTOBER 2016. The Divine Laxmipoojan Day !!!!!!!!The connoisseurs of music witnessed yet another DEEPAWALI SWARPRABHAT presented by IMA members – SINGING STETHOSCOPES.IMA premises woke up early. The team of musicians and sound system reached the premises before sunrise. The captain of musicians was none other than Mr Ajay Madan, a renowned music arranger. IMA Hall was all set to welcome the guests with beautiful rangoli depicting the theme of singing stethoscopes.
Enthusiastic IMA medicos arrived with their families in large numbers early in the morning. They looked gorgious in their ethnic dresses. The lovely ladies came with colourful sarees and chaniya cholis and traditional jewellary. Eminent Paediatrician, Dr. Samir Dalwai was the SUTRADHAR of the show. The programme started with invocation of almighty – Omkar swroopa by Dr Sunil Paranjpe (Gen Surgeon). This was followed by classical based hindi movie songs by Dr Sharvari Inamdar and Dr Vinod Sakhrani (eminent paediatrician). Dr Vinod was a perfect Kishorkumar of the day. Later Dr Vikas Agarwal (ENT Surgeon), Dr Darshana Kulkarni (Gynaecologist) and myself Dr Rohini Badwe (Anaesthesiologist) presented various popular numbers from Bollywood. There were solos, duets, romantic songs, medleys, guju songs and Marathi lawani.Dr Shashank Inamdar (pathologist) presented classis song Laaga Chunarine Daag, on whistle. President Dr Sanjay Dudhat accompanied the singers on tabla all thru the show.
Cudos to all participants!!!. In spite of their busy clinical schedule they took out precious time for practice sessions for nearly three months. The icing on the cake was the presence of one of the doyens of music Pandit Ajay Pohankar as our Chief Guest. President, Dr Sanjay Dudhat conducted a very interesting and informative interview of Pandit Ajay Pohankar.Dr Dudhat asked very appropriate and intelligent questions to Pandit Pohankar Panditji reciprocated with lucid demonstration of Indian Classical Music Mrs Pohnkar presented one Gazal.
- “INCREDIBLE INDIA” was a mega talent show put up by the members at IMA on SUNDAY, 5TH 2017. The youngest Participant was three years old and the senior most nearly 65 yrs old Fifty adults and twenty children presented themselves on the stage. We also had nearly 25 volunteers working continuously at back stage with tremendous zeal and enthusiasm. This was truly IMA family programme. Stalwarts of IMA, President, Dr Sanjay Dudhat, Secretary, Dr Mehul Bhatt, Joint Secretary Dr Saurabh Sanjanwala, Secretary of IMA – Maharashtra State – Dr Prathiv Sanghvi, Dr Akil Contractor with their spouses and children performed various mimes, acts, dances and songs.
The rehearsal started two and half months in advance. We showcased various festivals celebrated in India in a chronological order. Comparing was ably done by Dr Jagruti Savghvi, myself Dr Rohini Badwe and Dr Shobha Ahuja. Cudos to our choreographer Mr Vijendra Singh who kept our feet moving till perfection. Dr Salil Bendre was a class apart with his standup comedy. The entire paediatric gingbang was very well managed by our pediatrician Dr Jagruti. The kids made real efforts to manage timing for the rehearsal through their hectic schedule of school and other activities.
- F) REPORT OF EDITOR – MEDICAL IMAGE SUB – COMMITTEE
EDITOR : DR. MEHUL BHATT
BOARD : DR. AKIL CONTRACTOR
- JAYESH LELE
- SAURABH SANJANWALA
- Messaging Service is one novel idea. Under this service, bulk SMSs are sent to our members. These messages are screened by Secretary / Editor (Medical Image) to see that messages are not promotional.
- MedicalImage reached members by an large within reasonable time.
- Our web site :www.imamumbaiwest.com is fully operational.
- Image PDF file is also available on our web site : imamumbaiwest.com
- We thank all advertiser for their patronage.
- We earnestly request members to bring more & more advertisements for medical image to help us to meet the escalating costs of printing & couriering.
- G) REPORT OF FUND RAISING SUB COMMITTEE
CHAIRPERSON : DR. G. RATNAPARKHI
4 The fund raising committee raised funds for almost every major CME programmes, annual conference, cultural events and other programmes throughout the year.
- H) MEDICAL EDUCATION SUB COMMITTEE
CHAIRPERSON : DR. SAURABH SANJANWALA
MEMBERS : DR. SANJAY DUDHAT
- RASHMIKANT SANGHVI
- IMA – MUMBAI WEST MEDICAL SCHOLARSHIP PROJECT :
We have awarded 20 scholarships this year to needy and deserving final year MBBS Students. Each scholarship was of Rs. 25,000/-. The scholarships were awarded to the students at the Teacher’s Day Programme held on SUNDAY, 18TH SEPTEMBER 2016 at our branch premises. Leading Onco-Surgeon & Chairperson – Medical Education Sub Committee – DR. SANJAY DUDHAT organised and assisted the office in deciding the eligibility of various applicants for the scholarships in an excellent manner.
- IMA – MUMBAI WEST MEDICAL TEXT BOOKS DONATION PROJECT :
We donated medical text books to 60 deserving students of Ist year MBBS (30 students) & IInd MBBS (30 students) students. For 2nd year MBBS Students we gave text books for 2nd& 3rd MBBS. It is further heartening to report that all the students who were selected & given text books by our branch last year did well in FIRST & SECOND MBBS exam & all passed with good marks. Leading Onco-Surgeon DR. SANJAY DUDHAT helped the officein execution of this herculean task. Total Project cost was approx. Rs. 12 Lacs.
- I) REPORT OF MEMBERSHIP DRIVE SUB COMMITTEE
CHAIRPERSON : DR. SUBHASH L. SHAH
MEMBERS: DR. RASHMIKANT SANGHVI
During the year, we have enrolled 176 new life members. The HFC for all has been paid properly to the State & National Headquarters in time. (1th April 2016 to 22ndFeb.2017)
This year, we have been able to make 176 new life members (1th April 2016 to22ndFeb.2017) of which:
Single Life Members = 133
Couple Life Members =32 (2 X 16)
Transferred Life Members = 7
Membership strengths as on 21.02.2017 =4301
- J) REPORT OF MEMBER’S WELFARE SUB COMMITTEE
CHAIRPERSON : DR. RAMNIK CHAUHAN
MEMBERS : DR. MEHUL BHATT
- SURESH MANE
1) Screening of IPL final, 2016 on 29/5/2016 : The event was attended by more than 250 members, along with their families. They enjoyed the event with prediction games, lucky draws & delicious food. The children were also entertained by a live ‘Angry Bird ‘mascot.
2) Yoga for Health & Peace on 19/6/2016 : On the occasion of World Yoga Day, we organized an education session, comprising of a lecture, demonstration and practical training by yoga guru Mr. Vinod Joshi & team from ‘Yoga Vidhya Niketan’. This event was organised in association with the Cultural & women’s wing Sub-committee.
3) Healthy Doctor month ( 1st July – 31st July 2016 ) “ We secured discounted rates for members and their families of ‘LIVE HEALTHY’ packages, in association with NM MEDICAL CENTRE.
4) Karvi Festival& Monsoon forest trail at Bombay Natural History Society (BNHS) Centre, Aarey colony – Goregaon on 28/8/2016 – The event was organised in association with BNHS & Rotary Club of Bombay Sea Coast . More than 80 members & their families attended the trail.
5) DANDIYA RASS – A Unique Garba & Dandiya programme was organised along with Cultural Sub Committee & Malad Medical Association on 16th Oct. 2016 at Malad.
6) IMA Movie Club : We revived ‘IMA Movie Club’ this year. we organised screening of movies like AWAKENINGS, OCTOBER SKY & DR. PRAKASH BABA AMTE during the year. All Movie shows were Housefull.
- K) REPORT ORGAN DONATION TRANSPLANT SUB – COMMITTEE
CHAIRPERSON : DR. KETAN MEHTA
MEMBERS : DR. JAYESH LELE
- B. S. MEHTA
- ANIL SUCHAK
Various seminars & lectures were conducted throughout theMaharashtra state on organ donation. Many public awareness talkswere organized for the general public to increase awareness onorgan donation.Dr.Ketan Mehta & Dr.Anil Suchak spoke on the topic of organ donationat various conferences across the state.Organ donation cards were distributed in allthe seminars.These activities have increased the awareness on organ donation amongdoctors as well as public at large.
Recently, we were invited at Mumbai university for the same and that program wasattended by a large number of delegates. Dr. Anil Suchak has been instrumental for theorgan donation awareness program activities.
L)REPORT OF PUBLIC HEALTH &COMMUNITY WELFARE SUB – COMMITTEE
CHAIRPERSON : DR. AKIL CONTRACTOR
MEMBERS : DR. MANOHAR BACHANI
- RAZIA CONTRACTOR
- On Sunday, 3rd July 2016. Doctor’s Day was celebrated by conducting Blood Donation Drive Nation wide. Our branch also had arranged Blood Donation Drive. Nearly 27 people mostly doctors from our branch participated in this mega event. Blood Bank from Cooper Hospital had arranged the entire event.
- The Aao Gaon Chalen Sub Committee & Public Health & Community Welfare Sub Committee of our branch had jointly organised an excellent multispecialty check-up camp of School Children of Adivashi region of Borgaon – Khurd Village of Khalapur Taluka in Raigad Dist., Near Karjat 90 kms away from Mumbai on Sunday, 10th July 2016.
Nearly 1100 School Children were examined for Physical Examination, Eye Check-Up including refraction. Free medicines were also distributed to sick children suffering from various ailments. All the children were given Albendazole tablets & Vit D oral tablets.
In this Camp, IMA distributed Raincoats, School Bags & sandals to all 1100 Adivasi school children. Programme was really appreciated by all. Last four years we have seen all these children getting healthier and 100% attendance.
- We had organized a Health Awareness Lecture on Monsoon Related Diseases on Tuesday,19th July 2016 at Fidaai Academy School, S. V. Road, Andheri – West. The aim of this programme was how to prevent these diseases and to spread its awareness in the society. Lectures were taken by Dr. Pratibha Thoravade and Dr. Kamlesh Gandhi.
The following diseases were covered, Malaria, Dengue, Leptospirosis. The lectures were taken from 11.30 am to 12.30 pm. About 125 students and 25 parents attended the lecture. We are grateful to the principal & teachers of the school.
- On 13th of November 2016 Sunday, IMA MW organized a unique programme of WALKATHONon the occasion of World Diabetes Day. it was unique in the sense that for the first time in IMA MW, we organized a Walkathon for the Public Awareness on Diabetes. Standup Comedian Mr. Ehsaan Qureshi also joined us for the walk more than 200 participants walked from IMA Building to Juhu Police Station & back with numerous Public Awareness banners saying “Walk with your Doctor”&“Walk to halt Diabetes”.
- Public Health& Welfare Sub Committee of IMA Mumbai West branch conducted health checkup camp on Friday, 23rd December 2016 at Municipal School, Santacruz (E) from 01.30 pm to 04.30 pm. Camp was organized by Bal Jeevan Trust. Students were mostly street children and few orphans. 110 boys & girls were examined and necessary medicine given.
- The Aao Gaon Chalen Sub Committee & Public Health & Community Welfare Sub Committee of our branch had jointly organised an excellent multispecialty check-up camp of School children of Adivashi region of Borgaon – Khurd Village of Khalapur Taluka in Raigad Dist., Near Karjat90 kms away from Mumbai on Sunday, 8th January 2017.
The camp was also attended by other specialities, medical personnel, paramedical attendants & volunteers, Optometrists.Nearly 1100 School Children were examined for physical examination, eye check-up including refraction. Free medicines were also distributed to sick children suffering from various ailments. Children were given Albendazole tablets & Vit D oral tablets.
In this Camp, IMA distributed packed snacks to children.All the children were very happy about the things given to them.The school administration,teachers & all the children extended their best co-operation in conducting the camp. We did BHOOMIPOOJAN on the school site where toilets for the children will be made.IMA,MW has taken the financial responsibility for the whole toilet building project which will cost around 4lacs.
- M) REPORT OF PROFESSIONAL PROTECTION SCHEME SUB COMMITTEE
CHAIRPERSON : DR. BAKULESH S. MEHTA
MEMBERS : DR. JAYESH LELE
- SUHAS PINGLE
At the outset we congratulate office bearers and managing committee to Install New Sub Committee of P.P.S. (Professional Protection Scheme) at our branch.
We spread awareness among members by proposing them to enrol for P.P.S. (Professional Protection Scheme) at almost all the branch functions. We advertise about various details and working of the scheme in our monthly bulletin “Medical Image” from time to time. We are hopeful to get good response in near future as result of our present attempts.
- N) REPORT OF SPORTS SUB COMMITTEE
CHAIRPERSON : DR. NILESH SHAH
MEMBERS : DR. RAHUL NADKARNI
- DHRUV RAVAL
- BRIDGE TOURNAMENTS held on SUNDAY, 08TH FEBRUARY 2017 at IMA Hall. 1st Mukund , 2nd Dr. Hingorani and Team & 3rd Dr. Dhruv Rawal and team
- TABLE TENNIS TOURNAMENT held on SUNDAY, 19TH FEBRUARY 2017 at PRABHODHANKAR THACKERAY KRIDASANKUL, VILE PARLE (EAST). 15 players took part.
1st Ladies Singles / 2nd Men’s Singles / 3rd Mixed Doubles / 4th Men’s Doubles
5th Team Events
Ladies Singles Men’s Singles Mixed Doubles
- Radhika Banka 1) Dr. Tanay Prabhu 1) Dr. Radhika Dr. Sandip
- Ashwini 2) Dr. Anil Pande 2) Dr. Deepali Dr. Piyush
- Deepali 3) Dr. Piyush Mehta 3) Dr. Ashwini Dr. Nilesh
- Tanay Dr. Sandip
- Pande Dr. Nilesh
- Piyush Dr. John
O)REPORT OF SOCIAL SECURITY SCHEME SUB COMMITTEE
CHAIRPERSON : DR. URMILA GARG
MEMBERS : DR. S. C. MEHTALIA
- VIMAL GARG
We are a team not because we are members of IMA. We are a team because we respect, trust and care for each other as extended family member.
It is sad truth that most of the doctors are poor in financial planning. At the time of sad demise or permanent disability of the earning member (doctor), the entire family collapses both mentally and financially.
To sail through this critical, devastating and sometimes humiliating situation IMA floated a novel scheme,i.e. the Social Security Scheme (SSS). The Scheme formulated by IMA members for members, & managed by members.The primary aim of the scheme is to deliver immediate (within 15 days) financial support to the bereaved or distressed family. The scheme is based on a quote ‘many drops form an ocean’. Like an extended family, every member of the SSS gives his / her individual contribution to the nominee or the member depending on the circumstances.
About the scheme (IMA MS SSS). The SSS covers the risk of uncalled death / permanent disability of our fellow brothers / sisters.The permanent disability may be mental and / or physical due to which the doctor is unable to continue his practice permanently & earning.
Eligibility & PaymentsLife member of IMA MS up to the age of 60 years wishing to enroll in the IMA MS SSS & Pays Admission fees as per age group+ Deposit.To maintain Membership, he has to pay Annual Subscription of 200 Rs. + annual contribution of 200 Rs. per year per death of member.
After paying 25 contributions he continues paying only Annual Subscription every year.
Reportsof our branch
Total members of branch : 4294
Total members of this scheme: 550
Total New members of branch this year:149
Total members of scheme this years: 11
This year Benefit paid to 2 Members + 2 DEATH Benefit.
Total members enrolled of State : 7403
P)REPORT OF TELEPHONE DIRECTORY
CHAIRPERSON : DR. MEHUL BHATT
MEMBERS : DR. AKIL CONTRACTOR
- ROHINI BADWE
Since 15th February 2017, we have started distributing much awaited IMA Mumbai West – Telephone Directory 2016 – 17. The whole project was completed under supervision of two Presidents, Dr. Parthiv Sanghvi (2015 – 16) & Dr. Sanjay Dudhat (2016 – 17). Dr. Saurabh Sanjanwala, Dr. Jayesh Lele & Dr. Ajay Hariani continuously gave technical advice for compilation of the data. Mrs. Tanvi Mehul Bhatt managed the design & segregation of the data & used her computer skills to manage excel sheets of such a huge data. Our staff Sunita Penkar, Aparna Shetty, Sandeep Badhwalkar & Manager Seema Manjure put in lot of efforts in calling members, data collection, verification etc.
Our official printer Paras Printer from Malad & his team has done a wonderful job of designing & binding of this directory. Special thanks to all the advertisers & well wishers of this directory.
- Q) REPORT OF WOMEN’S WING SUB COMMITTEE
CHAIRPERSON : DR. BHAVNA PATEL
MEMBERS : DR. RAZIA CONTRACTOR
- JAGRUTI SANGHVI
- On SATURDAY, 23RD JULY 2016, “MAINTAIN GOOD & HEALTHY HAIR”to look attractive was very well attended by 76 The speaker was Dr. Chitra Nayak – MD, Dermatologist& Hair Specialist. She made it very informative and interesting. Her presentation was very much scientific explaining in depth, the problems related to hair. Everyone participated enthusiastically to make it interactive.
- We had organized “LIVE HEALTHY & FIT”programme on SATURDAY, 27TH AUGUST 2016. The aim was to learn aerobic, nonaerobic and work place exercises followed by meditation – relaxation to keep ourselves fit physically & mentally, as the doctors always neglect their health. Dr. Trupti Barchha, an young and energetic trainer demonstrated different exercises in the rhythmic manner at the times of music, which made the programme very lively and interesting.
- On SATURDAY, 17TH SEPTEMBER 2016, “FAMILY DENTAL CARE & DENT HEAL” by Shweta Dudhat was very interesting, informative and educative. She covered all the aspects and recent technologies in this evolving branch of dentistry. She explained the problems related to teeth, gums and supportive structures with an excellent presentation. The goal of the treatment carried a clear message that it is not only the wonderful smile but the strong bite is equally important. There was a very good round of Q – A with interaction.
- “MAKING A WILL SHOULD BE OUR NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTION” programme by Women’s Wing on SATURDAY, 3RD DECEMBER 2016. A Will is one of the Best Gifts you can leave for your loved ones and will make you certain that your assets will be dealt with as you wish. The informedpersonal planning always involves a consideration of leaving “Something” for your spouse, children and grandchildren.
“Making A Will” involves many myths… and to break many such myths on Will and understanding the intricate details on “Will” and also on “Trust” were discussed by our expert speaker Ms. Nehal Mota – in detail, imparting very informative and educative knowledge to all of us.
- “SAY NO TO ABUSIVE DRUGS” ON SATURDAY, 18TH FEBRUARY 2017. To understand the world of illicit drugs like meow meow, bath salts, grass, button, magic, rape date drugs and other designer & party drugs… we had invited an expert, Dr. Madhu Thakkar. She talked in detail about the pathophysiology and biochemical cycle of these drugs. Effects of nicotine, alcohol and such illicit drugs on the brain cells and neurons leading to addiction and also its genetic preponderance was discussed.