THROUGH COURIER WITH PROOF OF DELIVERY
Notice is hereby given that Annual Election Meeting of the Indian Medical Association – Mumbai West will be held on Sunday, 15.03.2015 at 8.30 a.m. in I.M.A. Building, Behind Chandan Cinema, J. R. Mhatre Marg, Juhu, Mumbai – 400049 to transact the following business :-
To appoint chief election officer.
- To conduct elections for the following posts:
- a) President,
- b) One Vice President,
- c) One Hon. Secretary,
- d) One Hon. Treasurer,
- e) One Hon. Joint Secretary,
- f) One Asst. Director of Studies IMA – CGP Branch Sub Faculty,
- g) One Asst. Secretary of IMA – CGP Branch Sub Faculty,
- h) One Chairman of IMA – AMS Branch Chapter,
- i) One Hon. Secretary of IMA – AMS Branch Chapter,
- j) Twenty Five Members of Managing Committee,
- k) 40 Branch Representatives on Maharashtra State Executive Committee,
(One post is reserved for the Hon Secretary of our branch)
No quorum shall be required for this meeting.
Dr. Parthiv Sanghvi
|ELECTIONS – 2015|
|· LAST DATE FOR RECEIVING
THE NOMINATION FORMS WEDNESDAY, 04.03.2015 (UPTO 2.30 P.M.)
|· SCRUTINY OF NOMINATIONS WEDNESDAY, 04.03.2015 (AT 3.00 P.M.)[|
|· LAST DATE FOR WITHDRAWAL SATURDAY, 07.03.2015 (UPTO 3.00 P.M.)
|· DATE OF ELECTION SUNDAY, 15.03.2015 (8.30 A.M. TO 2.00 P.M.)
|THE BALLOT BOXES WILL REMAIN OPEN UPTO 2.00 P.M.IMA I. Card or Govt. Recognized Photo Identity Card Mandatory.|
THROUGH COURIER WITH PROOF OF DELIVERY
Notice is hereby given that Annual General Body Meeting (Business Meeting) of the Indian Medical Association – Mumbai West will be held on Sunday, 15.03.2015 at 2.30 p.m. in I.M.A. Building, Behind Chandan Cinema, J. R. Mhatre Marg, Juhu, Mumbai – 400049 to transact the following business :-
- To read and confirm the minutes of
- i. Annual General Body Meeting held on Sunday, 09.03.2014
- ii. An Additional General Body Meeting held on Sunday, 03.08.2014.
- To consider business arising out of the minutes.
- To declare the results of the election.
- To discussion the donation of Tirupati Guest House.
- To review matter pertaining to 3rd Floor Construction.
- To inform about Mastacon 2015.
- To adopt the Annual Report of the Managing Committee covering all the activities of the branch. (The original reports of the other committees shall be appended to the above report) and to adopt various committee reports including the reports of CGP & AMS.
- To consider resolution sent by the Members / Managing Committee & to discuss various amendments proposed by Managing Committee / Members.
- Any other business with the permission of the chair.
Dr. Parthiv Sanghvi
- 50 members shall form the quorum for the Annual General Meeting (Business Meeting).
- If there is no quorum at the appointed time for AGM, it shall stand adjourned for half – an – hour and will be held at the end of half – an – hour period at the same place.
BYE-LAWS FOR CONTESTING ELECTION
(Vide Constitution, Part III – Bye Laws of the Branch)
MODE OF ELECTION OF THE MANAGING COMMITTEE & TRUST BORAD
The Office Bearers and members of the Managing Committee shall hold office for a period of one year and shall be eligible for re-election as per Bye-Laws.
(A) The Managing Committee shall invite nominations from the members of the Branch, for the posts of President, Vice President, Hon. Secretary, Hon. Treasurer, Hon. Joint Secretary, Assistant Director of Studies and Assistant Secretary of College of General Practitioner-Sub-Faculty, Chairman and Secretary of Indian Medical Association – Academy of Medical Speciality Branch Chapter, and Twenty Five members of the Managing Committee. The nominations enclosed in a sealed envelope shall reach the office of the Branch, Ten clear days before the day fixed for election. Withdrawals of nominations shall be permitted SEVEN clear days before the day fixed for Election.
(B) The valid nominations received from amongst the members of the Branch shall be put to vote at the Annual Election Meeting.
(C) The Hon. Secretary and four Managing Committee Members nominated by the President shall scrutinize the nominations and report to the Managing Committee for necessary action. The candidate or his nominee may remain present at the time of scrutiny.
(D) The names of the candidates contesting the election shall be mentioned in the ballot paper in the alphabetical order of their surnames in full. In case requisite nominations have not been received, the nominations shall be invited on the floor during Annual General Body Meeting at the time of declaration of the election results.
(E) The same procedure will be followed in all other elections such as members of the Trust Board, Maharashtra State Executive Committee & Members of the Central Council of Headquarters.
(F) Chief Election Officer shall be appointed by the chairperson of the meeting & chief election officer will appoint returning officers.
(G) The ballot papers will be prepared by the Office. It will be counted and signed by Hon. Secretary before handing it over to Returning Officer. The Returning Officer will countersign the ballot papers before issuing to voters, who will have to sign the counterfoils of ballot paper.
(H) No member shall be eligible for nomination for election or voting unless he has paid subscriptions up-to-date.
(I) ELIGIBILITY : -
(i) President : No members shall be eligible to be elected as a president unless he has been a president in the past or a Vice President, Hon. Secretary, Hon. Treasurer or Hon. Joint Secretary for at least TWO full annual terms or two full annual terms of any combination thereof.
(ii) Vice President : No members shall be eligible to be elected as a Vice President unless he has been Vice – President, Hon. Secretary, Hon. Treasurer, Hon. Joint Secretary for a period of not less than ONE annual term and must have been a member of the branch for period of five years at the time of nominations.
(iii) Hon Secretary – Hon Treasurer – Hon. Joint Secretary : No members shall be eligible to be elected as a Hon. Secretary or Hon. Treasurer, Hon. Joint Secretary unless he has been a member of the managing committee for a period of not less than TWO annual term & he has been a member of the branch for the period of FIVE years at the time of consideration of nominations.
(iv) Managing Committee members : No members shall be eligible to be member of the managing committee unless he has been a member of the branch for a period of ONE full year.
(v) No member of the Branch shall occupy the position of the member of the Managing Committee for a period of more than FIVE consecutive years including the post of Office Bearers. However, the same member shall be eligible for election after a lapse of one year.
IPP & co-opted member shall have the same eligibility as for the managing committee member. He shall be at par with the any other member except his term will not be counted for the purpose of election of as managing committee or office bearer.
(vi) No member of the branch shall occupy the position of President for a period of more than Two consecutive years. However, the same member shall be eligible to contest for the said post any time after a lapse of one year.
(vii) No member of the Branch shall occupy the post of Office Bearer for a period of more than THREE consecutive years. However, the same members shall be eligible to contest for the said post after a lapse of one year.
(J) Should there be more than allotted number of candidates for any office, the voting shall be by secret ballot preferably by electronic voting machine.
(K) In case of a tie, the Chairperson shall give his casting vote.
(L) ELECTION OF MEMBERS TO THE Managing Committee
(i) No compulsion to caste vote for each suburb.
(ii) Total number of members not more than 25. One member from each suburb who secures highest number of votes shall be declared elected from that suburb from Bandra to Dahisar. Remaining 14 members shall be declared elected according to declining number of votes in favor of the members irrespective of the suburb to which he / she belongs.
(M) Till such time that branch CGP – Sub Faculty & Branch IMA – AMS Chapter adopts its constitution. Following eligibility shall apply.
(i) Election of IMA – CGP – Sub Faculty
Asst. Director of Studies / Asst. Secretary
Member of the branch : 3 years
Member of the sub – faculty : 1 year
(ii) Election of IMA – AMS Chapter
Chairman / Secretary
Member of the branch : 3 years
Member of the IMA-AMS Chapter : 1 year
All the members of the branch shall be entitled to vote for the above posts of (i) & (ii). No member will hold the post for more than THREE years consecutively.
- ELECTION TO THE CENTRAL COUNCIL AND MAHARASHTRA STATE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE : -
The procedure for election of the Central Council and Maharashtra State Executive Committee shall be the same as for the election of the Managing Committee subject to the following conditions:-
(A) No member shall be eligible to be elected to the Central Council or Maharashtra State Executive Committee unless he has been a member of this Branch for at least two years and has been a member of the Managing Committee of this Branch for at least one year at any time.
(B) One seat in the Central Council shall be reserved for the President of the Branch while the remaining shall be by election, or if need be by selection.
(C) One seat in the Maharashtra State Executive Committee shall be reserved for the Hon. Secretary of the Branch while remaining shall be by election, or if need be by selection.
(D) Any vacancy for the Central Council / Maharashtra State Executive Committee shall be filled in by the Managing Committee.
(E) No member shall be eligible to be elected to the Central Council and or Maharashtra State Executive Committee for more than five consecutive years provided there is election and he / she will be eligible for election after a lapse of one year.
4 (A) MODE OF ELECTION OF TRUST BOARD : –
Election procedure for the election of board of trustees shall be governed by the following criteria. It shall be held during the annual general election.
ELIGIBILITY & PROCEDURE FOR ELECTION : -
- He / She should have been President of the Branch for at least one full term.
Deposit/Life members of the association for not less than 15 years and
Member of the managing committee for not less than 5 years and
Office bearer for not less than 3 full terms.
- Initially Board of Trustees shall consist of 5 members elected at the Annual General Body meeting for 5 years in the 1st place. In the initial 5 years, one of the members of the board of trustees will retire at the end of 3rd year, two at the end of 4th year and remaining two at the end of 5th year. The retirement will be by the number of votes in the first election or as per the lots drawn. Member with least number of votes will retire first. Subsequently rest of the members will retire as per the number of votes as per ascending order.
- The retired trustee will be eligible for re-election, but not for more than two consecutive terms. If he/she desires or else in his place, any other life member eligible as in (1) above can contest the same to be elected by the general body. In case no nominations are received the trust board will be empowered to fill in the vacancy by a member who is eligible as in (1) above.
- After initial 5 years, at the end of every year one of the trustees will retire by rotation, as one who is elected earlier should retire first and when the election was for more than one candidate it shall be decided by the number of votes. The one with the least number of votes shall retire first.
- No member of the Trust Board shall be allowed to contest for any other post in the managing committee. The member cannot apply for both the posts i.e. the managing committee as well as the trust board. Member applying for both posts i.e. Trust board, office bearers / managing committee member shall be disqualified for both unless a candidate applying for both the posts i.e. trust board, office bearer / managing committee withdraws his nomination before the withdrawal date.
- Managing Trustee of the board of Trustees shall be elected by the Board of Trustees. The tenure of the above said post will be for one year. The Managing Trustee cannot hold the post for more than three consecutive years.
- The President, Hon. Secretary, Hon Treasurer of the branch will be ex-officio members on the Board of Trustees. They will have rights to deliberate, discuss and exercise vote in the meetings. A minimum of 3 members of the board of trustees shall be present for any meeting of the Board. In case of a tie, the managing trustee shall exercise the right of a Casting Vote.
- In case of a vacancy in the Board of Trustees, Trustees of the Board, will have right to select a member as one of the Trustees on the Board for remaining period of the year from amongst the members of the association fulfilling the criteria for the above said post.
- Member of the Trust Board, desiring to contest for the office bearer / managing committee member shall resign from his membership of Trust Board before putting in his application for office bearer / managing committee member of the branch.
INDIAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION – MUMBAI WEST
(Registered under Bombay Public Trust Act, 1950 no. E – 3419 – BOM)
IMA Building, J. R. Mhatre Marg, Behind Chandan Cinema,
J.V.P.D. Scheme, Juhu, Mumbai – 400 049.
Proforma – Nomination for Election 2015
Name of the candidate : DR.______________________________________________
(in capital letters)
(As per entry in the
register of the branch) _________________________________________________
Indian Medical Association – Mumbai West Branch,
Mumbai – 400 049.
I desire to send in my nomination for the following post/s of the Indian Medical Association – Mumbai West for the Election – 2015 to be held on Sunday, 15.03.2015.
(Please fill in clearly the name of the post/s you desire to contest)
(Please give one passport size photograph with your name written on the back along with the form)
Signature of the Candidate
New year has brought in cool weather & a healthy season, so lighter O.P.D.s. Then why not enjoy this cold & healthy weather by earning more health for ourselves which will be useful in future? In essence, seasons do play a part in our Health.
“Slave to Nothing” – Its time to make New Resolutions for the New Year. Resolutions are meant, to be broken? The answer should be an emphatic ‘No.’ Isn’t it ? We get 365 days !! That is a long time, and somewhere in the middle of it, all resolves fizzle out, and what remains are excuses and pangs of guilt. I we must stick to the Resolutions to pave a path to Good Health. It’s not just about how far we go, but also how smart we do that !!!
We must improve our Health and Fitness by doing Regular Exercise. Routines are good. They keep you disciplined. But for us, the busy doctors, sometimes, a routine can backfire, and that is true when it comes to our workout. Doing the same moves and looking at the same four walls can have a negative effect on fitness goals. So its time to rejoin our exercise plan to evolve our fitness goals. Money earning in slack season is less but earning of Health by motivating ourselves with a regular workout, healthy food habits – again a season of green vegetables and fruits, weight control and life-style changes is really a good gain to begin the New Year Wisely.
2014, it was the year we joined the worldwide mania, connected smartly through whats App, moved like greased lightning on flash sales, found love on apps and even bought groceries on dotcom. The multi-billion-dollar valuations of flip kart and Snap deal are no pricing bubble, but a signal that India’s Technology boom has begun. This will transform the country as much as cell phones have over the past ten years. Its app-ening : tech will transform ‘aam aadmi” !!! There is a lot for Indian entrepreneurs to learn from Silicon Valley. We wish that they will step up to this task and that year 2015 will be the Launching Point for India’s Technology Revolution.
So, friends, with “Good Morning” wish let me end by saying
A “Desire” changes Nothing.
A “Decision” changes Something.
A “Determination” changes Everything.
Long Live IMA …….
With best regards,
Dr. Manoj Patel